Consider Ditching Presents to Help Animal House this Christmas
There are many animal shelters in Northern Colorado, all of which need every ounce of help they can possibly get. But Animal House in Fort Collins has held a special place in my heart since my family adopted a beautiful terrier mix from them several years ago. Baxter (a.k.a. "Monkie") officially joined our family after a year or 2 of fostering him for Animal House.
Animal House is also special because they aim to decrease the euthanasia rate of adoptable animals. By collaborating with overpopulated and underserved shelters and providing the community with education, information, and outreach, Animal House is providing more animals the opportunity of a second chance at life, love, and a forever home.
With Christmas and other winter holidays just around the corner, I've been thinking a lot about what I can do for all the precious little animals that need homes. I'd adopt all of them if I could, but I can't - and a lot of people are in the same boat. So this season, I encourage not only myself, but YOU, to help Animal House or any other animal shelter in Northern Colorado.
Animal House has a wishlist with items - many of which are super affordable. Check out the list below, and learn more about Animal House here.
Canine Contentment & Care
- iCalmDog portable music players (with battery boost) and music SD cards
- Distilled water for autoclave machine
- Waterless dog shampoo
- Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls (all flavors, any roll size)
- Canned dog food (ground, no stews)
- Nylabones (all sizes)
- Rawhide sticks (no knots)
- Kongs (all sizes and types)
- Martingale style collars (all sizes)
- Thunder shirts (all sizes)
- Training clickers and training treat pouches
- Soft dog treats
- Bed sheets
- Blankets (all sizes - no fringe, holes, or dangling parts or fabric)
- Puzzle toys
- Peanut butter (smooth or creamy)
- Tennis balls (all sizes)
- D.A.P. (dog appeasing pheromone) collars (all sizes)
- Canine Greenies Pill Pockets Peanut Butter
- Nature's Miracle
- Safe Paw non-toxic Ice Melter Pet Safe
- Laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- Large bath towels (no fringe, holes, or tears)
- Freshmatic spray dispenser refills
- Trash bags (all sizes)
- Copy paper
- Postage stamps
- Colored file folders with pockets
- Manilla file folders
You can also foster an animal, sponsor a kennel, or volunteer at Animal House.