3rd annual Beef Cattle Seminar in Greeley This Weekend
The 3rd Annual Beef Cattle Seminar is Saturday, February 20th in the 4-H Building at Island Grove Regional Park. (527 North 15th Avenue, Greeley)
- Registration 9:00 am—10:00 am
- Program 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
R.S.V.P. is required. Registration deadline is today. (Wednesday, February 17) If you do not have Internet call 970-304-6535. Registration & parking are free.
The purpose of the Weld County Beef Cattle Seminar is to provide you with additional tools to expand your knowledge and increase your relationship building that will help you with your beef cattle enterprise.
- 9:00 am—10:00 am: Check in (Donuts & coffee available at concessions)
- 10:00 am -11:00 am: Session 1 - Beef Cattle Market Outlook
Speaker— Dr. Stephen R. Koontz, Ag & Resources Economics, CSU
- 11:00 am-12:00 am: Session 2 - Johne’s Disease, Is it still a problem?
Speaker— Dr. Frank Garry, Cinical Sciences, CSU, Fort Collins, CO
- 12:00 noon-1:00 pm: Lunch (available at reasonable price, proceeds will go to 4-H)
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm: Session 3 – VFD, What Does That Mean to Me?
Speaker – Dr. Noelle Noyes, Clinical Sciences, CSU, Fort Collins, CO
- 2:00 pm-3:00 pm: Session 4 – Beef Taste Panel
Speaker— Dr. Dale Woerner, Meat Science Department, Colorado State University
- 3:00 pm—3:30 pm Evaluation, guest drawing, program closes.
- 3:30 pm—5:00 pm Beef Quality Assurance Training—Optional