Colorado Winter High School Sports Postponed Until February
The Colorado high school winter sports season has been postponed until February. According to the CHSAA, they have set a start date for winter sports for February 1 at the earliest.
For the counties that are in a Level Red, no weight room activities or open gyms will be allowed until further notice.
The Winter sports (B) season includes, basketball, ice hockey, skiing, competitive spirit, girls swimming and boys and girls wrestling. The schedule released back in August had these seasons starting on January 7 but will be moved to February 1.
Here's a look at how high school sports will progress in terms of schedules winter sports and beyond:
- Sports: Basketball, hockey, competitive spirit, skiing, and wrestling.
- First practice: Jan. 25
- Season: Feb. 1- March 20
- Sports: Boys soccer, field hockey, girls volleyball, gymnastics, unified bowling and spring football.
- First practice: March 4 for spring football. March 15 for other sports.
- Season: March 15-May 15 for spring football. March 22-May 8 for other sports.
- Sports: Baseball, lacrosse, track and field, boys swimming and diving, boys volleyball, girls soccer, girls golf and tennis.
- First practice: April 19 for girls golf. April 26 for girls tennis. May 3 for other sports.
- Season: April 19-June 22 for girls golf. April 26-June 12 for girls tennis. May 10-June 26 for other sports.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app