5 Things You Didn’t Know About Taste of Fort Collins’ William Michael Morgan
We know he 'met a girl,' but here are some other things you probably didn't know about your Taste of Fort Collins country headliner, William Michael Morgan.
K99 is Northern Colorado's Number One for New Country, so of course, that's how we're going to kick off this year's First National Bank Taste of Fort Collins in Washington Park on Friday, June 8.
Get to know William Michael Morgan!
1) He's a father, and credits touring with Justin Moore and Lee Brice for helping him learn how to balance a crazy work schedule, and spend time with family.
He tells The Boot, 'They’re both parents, and they’re both artists. For them to make time for their family and their friends, it’s awesome to see. Those are two salt-of-the-earth people.'
2) His song 'I Met a Girl' was actually penned with the help of a superstar... Sam Hunt.
3) Oh, and his song 'Missing?' That was written by Rhett Akins... yes, Thomas Rhett's dad.
Morgan tells The Boot, 'It’s all about just getting lost for a little bit...Whether 'missing' means going out on the ocean somewhere and fishing, or sitting in a stand somewhere in the woods, or just turning off your phone and watching a little TV, anything but the news.'
4) Morgan's new song is called 'Vinyl,' but he lost his family's record collection in a house fire.
'My great-grandmother had left [records] to my mom and dad. And my mom and dad played them ... about five or six years ago we had a house fire and lost a good bit of that stuff,' he tells Taste of Country.
5) He's inked! He has a visible treble clef on his hand, but also revealed to Taste of Country that he has several, including one that he got for his daughter.