Out of Town Guests — A Perfect Day in Fort Collins
Everyone wants to visit Fort Collins and a percentage of those that do, end up, at some point, moving here. It's a great community with a lot to offer, here's a few ideas on how to plan a perfect day in Fort Collins for out of town guests.
A PERFECT DAY IN FORT COLLINS FOR OUT OF TOWN GUESTS:
- Start with breakfast at the Silver Grill, yes there are a ton of great restaurants in Fort Collins, but after being around for over 80 years and with the history this building alone represents, its a nostalgic trip to early days of Fort Collins.
- Drive down to City Park and hop on Birney Car 21. BTW: Dads ride free on Father's Day, that's Sunday June 15, 2014 This Trolley takes a magical ride down Mountain Avenue your guests won't soon forget. After your ride, maybe walk around the lake and feed the ducks.
- Grab a light lunch, maybe a hotdog at Big Al's or split a sandwich at Choice City Butcher and Deli (they're huge)
- It's time for a Bike and Beer tour, come on, you know its important to include this, its Fort Collins (everyone knows of our beers) and its Fort Collins (everyone knows our massive bike trail system)
- Now here is where it gets tricky, you could go to CooperSmith's Pub and Brewing in Old Town Square and sit on the patio, that overlooks the square and fountain (Ben and Jerry's is right next door) or hit up the corner of College Avenue and Laporte for a Colorado favorite, Beau Jo's Colorado Style Pizza
- If you were too full for desert, walk around the square and/or along College Avenue, the heart of old town and find your way to Kilwins for a tasty sweet, duck down Mountain Avenue and stop into Walrus Ice cream Shop or duck down into Ace Gilletts for a nightcap and some Jazz.