Fort Collins Duplex Fire, Cause Ruled Accidental
Poudre Fire Authority was called to a fire at a duplex in southwest Fort Collins yesterday at 1:15 PM.
When units arrived, they found that the fire had extended to the attic. A resident in the adjacent unit was evacuated and escorted from the scene.
Firefighters battled temperatures in the 90’s but were able to keep the fire contained to its origin.
Investigators were able to determine that the fire originated in the unit’s fireplace and was determined to be accidental.