Dressing up Rice!
Sounds pretty simple, but you would be surprised how conventional we can become. Living inside the box is comfy, but there is a whole world of flavor out there… let’s explore!
what you’ll need:
This is the fun part… outside of enough white or brown rice to feed your crew, the ingredients are up for grabs.
putting it all together:
Start by preparing your rice per package directions, but instead of water use chicken, beef or veggie broth.
Now, it’s time to add your favorite thing’s:
- steamed broccoli and 1/2 cup of Velveeta
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
- all of the above plus left over chicken or roast beef shredded or chopped-add 1/2 cup milk and more Velveeta if not creamy-cheesy enough-if you do this, this is your entire meal
- water chestnuts, sprouts and snow peas (this is great with pork chops)
- cilantro and 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and a pound of browned hamburger and 1/2 cup of milk
My point is that dinner shouldn’t be so complicated and that the simplest idea’s can be the best meals… do you ever remember me telling you that when I didn’t feel like ‘cooking’ I’d throw together two packages of beef rice a roni and a pound of hamburger and Ashley and Colton (my children) LOVED it… here I’m thinking I’m not really cooking and it was one of their favorites… simplify dinner during the week, dress it up on the weekend, if you want and enjoy your family. Enjoy!