“Severe” Salmonella Found in Ground Beef in Colorado
A outbreak of Salmonella that the CDC is calling "severe" has killed one person and sickened 10, including three people in Colorado.
The Center for Disease Control has issued a warning to residents of Colorado, California, Kansas, Texas, Iowa and Oklahoma after residents became ill after eating ground beef.
The CDC investigation at this time has yet to identify and single supplier of the contaminated beef.
The strain of salmonella is "more severe" than typical strains. The CDC is worried that other cases will pop up. They're working vigorously to find the supplier and get the problem fixed.