Colorado Eagles Fight Cancer Weekend Is Back This Weekend
2023 starts with the Colorado Eagles' first homestand of the year, and it's all about fighting the good fight, with Eagles Fight Cancer weekend.
Colorado Eagles Fight Cancer Weekend
Our Colorado Eagles are back home inside of the Blue Arena, to kick off 6 home games in a row starting Friday night, January 12th. While there are many amazing theme nights and weekends during the Eagles season, this coming weekend is always one of the most special, as they honor and fight alongside those affected by cancer.
Not only will they dawn, and auction off these incredible Eagles Fight Cancer jerseys, but there are many incredibly special things happening to honor those who have and are currently fighting this beast. Here's what's going on in Eagles Country this Saturday night...
- “I Play For” Honoring: The Eagles and UCHealth will honor 18 cancer warriors in the “I Play For” Campaign, each player will don the name of a cancer warrior on their helmet during the game.
- Eagles Fight Cancer Jersey: Players will wear their specialty Eagles Fight Cancer lavender jerseys during the game (more auction information below)
- Warrior Recognition: Select cancer warriors will be recognized throughout the game including, the fan of the game, ceremonial puck drop, fanboni rides, three warriors of the game and more.
- Lavender Light-Up: Blue Arena will be lit up in all lavender lighting for the game courtesy of Loveland-based Blazen Illuminations.
- Bracelet Giveaway: The first 4,000 fans receive a lavender Eagles Fight Cancer silicone bracelet.
- Black-out Moment: Fans will be encouraged to light up the rink during a timeout in the game, using the lavender “Light Up the Rink” cards from their cup holders with their phone flashlight.
- “I Fight For” Cards: Fans can submit a first name for an “I Fight For card” by commenting on the Eagles Facebook post (see link at bottom of page). Cards will be posted around the arena during the game and shown on AHLTV. In addition, fans can stop by the photo booth on the Voodoo Ranger Lounge and fill out an “I Fight For” card to take to their seats or click here to print their own card. Just be sure to post your photos on Eagles social media using the hashtag #EaglesHFC.
- “I Fight For” Banner: Fans can write their name on the banner hung on the east end of the Voodoo Ranger Lounge.
- National Anthem: The National Anthem will be sung by previous “I Play For” cancer warrior, Brandi Aspinall and the large American flag will be presented on the ice by the staff and providers from UCHealth Northern Colorado Cancer Centers.
- Lavender Ribbon on Ice: Cancer warriors and their families will present the large Eagles ribbon on the ice prior to the game
- Jersey Auction: Bid on authentic Eagles lavender game-worn jerseys via the Dash Auction app. The auction runs from Wednesday, January 10th to Saturday, January 13th at 9pm (MT) with all proceeds benefiting the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund.
- Merchandise: A portion of the proceeds from Eagles Fight Cancer merchandise sales will benefit the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund including
- Replica Jerseys
- Hats and more!
- Mystery Player Puck Program: A limited number of Eagles Fight Cancer pucks will be available for sale. Pucks will be randomly signed by players and fans will find out who signed their puck after they have made their purchase. Proceeds will benefit the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund.
- The Human Bean: The Human Bean NoCo is supporting the Eagles Fight Cancer game with a “SLAPSHOT Bright” drink - featuring Lime Bright with Blue Raspberry & Cherry. 100% of proceeds from their NEW Slapshot Bright drink will be donated to the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund now through January 21st.
Comment on the Eagles' Facebook Post above to add your warrior's name to the card that will be displayed at the Blue Arena this weekend. You can also print out a custom card to bring with you this weekend.
Eagles Fight Cancer Night is one of the most powerful nights of the season and you're not going to want to miss one second of the incredible things planned for the game this Saturday, January 13th. As of this writing, tickets are still available, so get yours before they're gone, and we'll see you this weekend as stand together to battle all current, past, and present cancer warriors. Go Eagles!
Here's what people in Fort Collins do for a living and how much they earn.
Gallery Credit: Chris Kelly
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Colorado in 2024
Gallery Credit: Wesley Adams