Annual Monster Day Returns to Downtown Greeley in 2018
The second annual Monster Day is returning to Downtown Greeley. The monstrous festivities will happen from 4 p. to 9 p.m. in Downtown Greeley on August 18, 2018.
Monster Day Greeley is a fun-filled event dedicated to celebrating all things monster! Come spend an evening with Greeley the Gremlin and enjoy music, entertainment, face painting, a costume contest, demonstrations, and food. Plus, dozens of monstrous photo-ops with characters created by Distortions Unlimited.
Monster Day Greeley Highlights:
- A chance to see Greeley’s famous monster makers from Distortions Unlimited
- Tons of photo-ops with Distortions’ creatures
- Demonstrations from Makeup & Creative Arts LLC and other professional makeup specialists
- 40+ Costumed Monsters roaming the grounds from Anderson Farms
- Face painting from Merry Makers
- Performance from George Grey as “Dead Elvis”
- Costume contest (6 p.m., limited to first 40 entries)
- Clay monster making with the Clay Center of Northern Colorado
- Flash Mob Monster Dance by Top Notch Dance Studio Dancers
- Vendors and Food trucks
- Speed mask painting by Ed Edmunds
- Appearances by the Mountain Muppets of Colorado
- Free showing of Gremlins 2 at the Kress at 6pm
- Monster Crafts at the Colorado Model Railroad Museum
- Fire spinners
- Pimped out Hearses
- Starfleet International (The USS TYR)
- Greeley’s famous “Go-Cup” service on 9th Street with monstrous drink specials
Plus this year, Monster Day has expanded into the Southeast corner of Lincoln Park to include a new paid attractions area including a Monster Train, Monster Fishing, the Man-Eating Chicken, and the Monster World Scream Generator.
Proceeds go to the anti-bullying nonprofit organization “Don’t Be A Monster ”, which has reached over 320,000 students with their anti-bullying messages.