You Won’t Believe What is Living in Your Christmas Tree
My wife always wants a fake Christmas tree. I am always lobbying for a fresh-from-the-farm tree. I might change my mind after what I read in Glamour Magazine. The article says as many as 25,000 creepy crawlers may be living in your real Christmas tree.
Top Bugs Found in a Live Christmas
According to Glamour, these are the seven most common insects that make their homes in Christmas trees:
- Spiders and Mites
- Pine needle scale
- Praying mantises (Can bring up to 400 eggs with them)
- Bark beetles. .
How to Avoid Bugs on Your Christmas Tree
- Examine underneath the branches and the trunk for any eggs or nests.
- Leave the Christmas tree in your garage for a few days before bringing it into the house.
- Shake the tree over a sheet to dislodge any bugs.
- Spray the tree with neem oil to kill any bugs still living there.
- Do not spray aerosol pesticides on the tree, as they are flammable.