You are What you Eat and Now What you Eat Might be Keeping you up at Night!
This just in not only are you a couch potato if you eat potato chips now you aren't sleeping because of a few thing's you may be eating or drinking. One day I think they may come up with coded food packaging... blue packaging helps with sleep... yellow packaging helps with energy (or anger) and red packaging and pink packing and and and....
8 FOODS THAT COULD BE KEEPING YOU UP AT NIGHT:
- Dark Chocolate: Hello caffeine... some dark chocolates are laced with tons of caffeine, as much as 38% of the caffeine in a standard cup of coffee.
- Steak: high-fat, high-protein diets are linked to sleep apnea, might sound like there's a nap in there but it's quite the opposite you won't be able to sleep or nap while your body works over-time breaking down the fat and protein in a healthy portion sized steak.
- Alcohol: It may help you fall asleep, but will reduce the quality of sleep and have you waking up throughout the night and tossing and turning.
- Spicy Food: "Studies have found that eating spicy food prior to bedtime not only reduces the overall amount of sleep a person gets, but also raise core body temperature, which has been linked to poor sleep quality."
- Decaf Coffee: True or False-Decaf has no caffeine, False in fact there is enough caffeine in decaf to keep most awake and if you're caffeine sensitive better bust out a Soduko book, you'll be up for awhile.
- Broccoli or Cauliflower: Typically these foods have what it takes to sleep, but just before bed they will do more harm than good as your body will spend countless hours breaking down the fiber and keep you restless.
- French Fries: High-fat foods can keep you awake by sending your digestive system into overdrive, if you gotta have a fry have one or two (yea, right) :)
- Chili: Chili is a five-alarm recipe for a sleep disaster