Water Restrictions Start in Fort Collins
I just know it! My lawn is going to die this summer. Water restrictions started yesterday in Fort Collins.
Lawn watering in the city is allowed two days per week:
- even residential addresses on Thursday and Sunday
- odd residential addresses on Wednesday and Saturday
- commercial/businesses, multi-family and HOAs on Tuesday and Friday.
WHAT IS ALLOWED
Watering flowers, trees, shrubs and vegetable gardens will not be restricted, but a hose shut-off nozzle is recommended.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
- No watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. or on Mondays (even with a permit)
- Car washing: shut-off nozzle and bucket required
- Impervious surfaces: washing with water not allowed (e.g., driveways, sidewalks)
First violations will receive a written warning and information about the water restrictions. Second and following violations are subject to a minimum fine of $50 each ($250 for non-residential), up to a maximum fine of $1,000 per violation.
Restrictions also began yesterday in Denver, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Northglenn, Parker, and Thornton. Loveland is also considering water restrictions this year.