Todd Gets Shocking Question From Doctor at Annual Checkup
I love my doctor. She is the absolute best, but I really don't like going in for a a visit. Yesterday was my annual check-up. It was pretty normal. I got my blood pressure taken, she listened to my heart and I had to turn my head and cough. I was pleased to receive a clean bill of health, but I was caught off guard by the 1st question I was asked.
I have known my doctor for over 20 years, yet the 1st question she asked me yesterday threw me for a loop. It went something like this:
- Doctor: What gender do you identify with?
- Me: Huh?
- Doctor: We are required to ask that now.
- Me: I'm pretty sure I am a boy, but I am sure you will be checking that later when I turn my head and cough.
- Doctor: Most women don't have a voice as low as yours.
- Me: Yeah, I would say I'm a dude.
I think we did establish that I am a male, but now I am all self conscious about it.
Think when I get home today I will grab one of my wife's beers out of the fridge, sit in my easy chair, scratch myself and watch some football on ESPN Classic. Since I don't drink, I will just hold the beer.