Thinking of Quitting Smoking? Here is an Option You May Not Have Considered!
A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of interviewing Norma Pomerleau from The Health District of Northern Larimer County about their “Step Free From Tobacco Program”. I don’t even smoke and I wanted to sign up. (Seriously! They address more than just the tobacco addiction.) They make quitting smoking much easier than you think! It’s much less expensive than you think too. You even get you get free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges.
A Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist like Norma or Rosi Davidson will help you every step of the way. Don’t beat yourself up because you haven’t been able to quit. You just need the right tools and support. That’s where the Health District steps in to help. If you are interested, you can call them at (970) 224-5209 for your 1st free visit.
WHAT MAKES THE STEP FREE PROGRAM SO GREAT?
- First session free
- Six-session program
- Sliding fees for those who qualify
- Free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges
- Individual, couples or group sessions
- Positive, supportive philosophy
- Proven techniques
- Trained, experienced staff
- No fear, guilt or shame
WHAT DO THEY DO TO HELP YOU QUIT?
- Examine your smoking history
- Design an individualized quit plan
- Explore nicotine replacement and other methods of quitting, including medications
- Set a date to quit that is comfortable for you
- Help you prepare to quit
- Discuss handling triggers, cravings and stress
- Provide ongoing support