The Torturous Exercise Regime Todd’s Wife Puts Him Through at The Gym
My wife Jenny and I work out at the gym together. Just take a look at me and you know I don’t make it there as often as I need to. My wife works out several times a week with a trainer. She calls her Mean Lady! Jenny is my Mean Lady, but I love her
She makes me do stuff I wouldn’t normally do on my own. I honestly don’t have a problem putting in a little time on the Elliptical machine or the treadmill, but after that I start to have issues with her method of husband sculpting.
Here are my top-five least-favorite things that my wife makes me do at the gym:
5. Push ups - These arms aren’t made to push up 260 pounds.
4. Crunches – There are the old-fashioned kind and the kind you do on the machine. I hate both, but they are probably what I need the most.
3. Stair Stepper – This machine is truly a torture device. Try walking up a few dozen flights of stairs some time and see if you don’t feel the burn.
2. Squats – I really don’t care for leg exercises. I get all shaky and I am usually sore for a couple days after squats, even with the small amount of weight I use.
1. Lunges – These are the worst form of torture of all. Jenny tells me they will give me a nice butt. They give me sore butt. I can tell you that.
Doing pushups is not easy for a man who weighs 250+. Now trying it on one of these rickety things. It’s called a Bosu Ball, but it is basically a big round ball cut in half with a hard back. It supposedly helps strengthen your core because you use extra muscles to keep from rocking back and forth.