The Incredibly Cool Gary Allan Inches Closer to 50 Years Old Today [VIDEO]
Now and then an artist comes around that makes music that just connects with you. The kind of artist that just seems to record songs that you can relate to and make you groove the minute you hear them. I have a few artists I feel that way about and one of them is celebrating a birthday today.
It is not secret that I think George Strait is the coolest guy in the music business. What you may not know is that Gary Allan is number 2. I love this guy. He just oozes cool and I loved every single song he has done since he started this career in the late 90's all the way up to his latest work. I am a fanatical fan. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him and interviewing him years ago. I sat there the whole time thinking " I am sitting next to Gary freaking Allan".
Today is Mr. Allan's 49th birthday and I had to pick my top 5 Gary songs. I could have done 100. It wasn't easy but here are my top 5.
5. Alright Guy - Never a single but one of the coolest Gary songs ever. Love this cover of the Todd Snider tune
4. Right Where I Need To Be - This is how every man should feel about his woman
3. The One - One of the prettiest love songs ever
2. Smoke Rings In The Dark - He found his coolness on this one from 99
1. Tough Little Boys - This makes me cry every time