Teacher Tuesday Finalist For December– Choose Now!
You've nominated hundreds of your favorite Northern Colorado educators for December, and we've selected some of our favorite stories. Now it's time to vote!
The teacher with the most votes will be awarded the following prizes:
- $500 Donation to the teachers school provided by University of Northern Colorado
- Pizza for a year courtesy of Old Chicago
- $50 gift card to The Melting Pot OR Rodizio Grill OR Union Bar and Soda Fountain in Fort Collins.
- $10 Gift Card from The Human Bean
- Plus--Every single child in the classroom will get a free game of bowling from Chipper's Lanes!
The 5 runner-up teachers will also be awarded a gift card from The Melting Pot OR Rodizio Grill OR Union Bar and Soda Fountain in Fort Collins
May the best school win!
Nominate your favorite Northern Colorado educator for December HERE!
You can view October's winner Jennifer Roth from Greeley's Frontier Academy HERE!
(Scroll down to find out more about each teacher!)
She always made me laugh even when I was having the worse day.
- Favorite TV show – or the last thing you binge-watched on Netflix . I love "This is Us", "Blue Bloods" and "Friends"
- Favorite local sports team – Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, ETC (if not a Colorado team – then who and why?) I don't really watch sports. I love the Winter Olympics when it is on. I love our Valley High School sports and watching our students excel in finding their athletic field of preference and see how the membership in team sports helps develop their character.
- Favorite quote or most inspirational person in your life I love Harper Lee (who wrote "To Kill A Mockingbird"). One of my favorite quotes from her book was from the character, Atticus, who states, "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... until you climb into his skin and walk in it". This helps me focus on consideration for my students, especially, and I try to really put myself in their shoes and support them as they are facing the challenge of becoming adults.
- Favorite thing about living in Colorado I love the weather, the beautiful sunrises and sunsets with the views of the mountains and the plains, and the people who are friendly, helpful, and care about the values in supporting communities.
- Favorite local Townsquare Radio Station of Genre of Music? K99 or Country
She's very approachable and when she had to discuss something more serious, like bad behavior, she made it clear that we were a team and would figure out the solution together.
- Favorite TV show – or the last thing you binge-watched on Netflix I'm a reality star junkie. I love to step away from my reality and indulge in some Bachelorette/Bachelor, Cooking/Baking Challenges, as well as Grey's Anatomy.
- Favorite local sports team – Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, ETC (if not a Colorado team – then who and why?) BRONCOS all the way! My favorite color is blue and I have been a Broncos fan since I was little. I visited my grandparents in Littleton when growing up and have been a fan since. In addition, I play competitive softball on the weekends and love the game of baseball as well as the rough and tough sport of hockey...all sports in general! Sports build character and provide the opportunity to create lifelong friendships with teammates.
- Favorite quote or most inspirational person in your life. In addition to my parents, my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Brown, has played an important role in my life. It was in the 3rd grade when I knew that I wanted to be a teacher. This was because of the love Mrs. Brown showed for me as a learner. She knew my ins and outs and made me feel important, like I belonged in her classroom and had a lot to offer to my peers. "Just Keep Swimming"...Finding Nemo (No matter how many obstacles you come across in this journey called life, they will all make you stronger and build the character you need to be successful.) I support mistakes in my classroom. They are just bumps on the road in our life long journey to success.
- Favorite thing about living in Colorado I absolutely love being outside and exploring all the different seasons with my children. In addition, the fact that I am 30 minutes away from any lifestyle, is definitely a bonus. (City, County/Farm, Mountains, Pro Sporting Events, etc.)
- Favorite local Townsquare Radio Station of Genre of Music? I dabble in multiple genres, however, I listen to 99.9 The Point, on a regular basis and also love me some good Country on K99. Music feeds my soul!
Madame has a beautiful and welcoming soul but of course like any other mom, when Madame is furious, she can be furious. Madame will always want to see you happy with a smile on your face.
- Favorite TV show: Dancing with the Stars/Dancing with the Stars Juniors
- Favorite sports team: The Green Bay Packers (I’m a Wisconsin native and I love the fact that the fans own the team.) I support the Broncos too-when they are not playing against the Packers (-=
- Favorite quotes: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” And “If you want real peace in the world, start with children.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- Favorite thing about living in Colorado: Everything!!! The sun, the amazing mountains, the friendly people and the bike trails.
- Favorite local Townsquare Radio Station: Rock 102.9
This teacher is not “just another teacher.” She is the most hard working, kind hearted and outgoing person I know.
- Favorite TV show – or the last thing you binge-watched on Netflix Manifest
- Favorite local sports team – Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, ETC (if not a Colorado team – then who and why?) Kansas City Chiefs (marriage will do that to you!)
- Favorite quote or most inspirational person in your life My students inspire me daily. So many have struggles and difficulties outside of school but they come to school and preserve. They are the reason I love teaching!
- Favorite thing about living in Colorado Seeing the beautiful colors of sunrise, sunset, and the Rocky Mountains every day
- Favorite local Townsquare Radio Station of Genre of Music? Toss-up between 99.9 and 102.5
We need more educators that are so deeply kind hearted that they take their own time to make that one simple phone call or email that could save your child’s life.
- Favorite TV show – or the last thing you binge-watched on Netflix
- I absolutely love This is Us! Even though I cry after almost every episode, it is the kind of show that makes your heart happy.
- Favorite local sports team – Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, ETC (if not a Colorado team – then who and why?)
- My fiancé has turned me into an avid Bronco fan. I have been blessed to go to a handful of games and the energy in the stadium is incredible. Our team has also really turned it around the past couple of games!
- Favorite quote or most inspirational person in your life
- This year, my class has focused on the quote, “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” I read, Wonder, over the summer and integrate its lessons and ideas into my class whenever there is a chance! This quote applies to people age 7 to age 77 and I truly believe you are never too important to be kind to someone else.
- Favorite thing about living in Colorado
- The scenery, of course! We are so fortunate to live in a state where to experience true beauty, all you need to do is step outside. I am a runner and have found nothing I enjoy more than running when I have the mountains surrounding me. We have the most remarkable state and I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.
- Favorite local Townsquare Radio Station of Genre of Music? K99! Country music is, hands-down, my favorite genre. I have turned my entire family into country fans. However, I am still working on convincing my fiancé!
- Favorite TV show – or the last thing you binge-watched on Netflix
She continues to return every day, every year, and keeps her upbeat, positive attitude and optimistic "tomorrow can be a better day" viewpoint.