Silly Web Question of the Day: What are you Doing this Weekend?
I saw this question earlier this morning somewhere and thought immediately, duh!
Yes you may have to work, do laundry, clean the house, run errands and do your taxes, but let's get real... the only thing on your mind really is the big game! What snacks will you have, did you order the party sub and hot wings and where is Ted's recipe for the one drink he had at his last Superbowl party?
SUPERBOWL FACTS FOR THE WEEKEND:
- Baltimore Ravens vs the San Francisco 49ers Sunday Kick-off 5:30 CST
- Superdome in New Orleans (10th Superbowl played there)
- The winning team takes possession of the Vince Lombardi Trophy for the year
- Winning players get 88k for the game, the losers get 44k
- The first Superbowl was played in the Los Angeles Coliseum on January 15, 1967 (Green Bay defeated Kansas City)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers hold the record of most Superbowl titles (6)
- Last year's Super Bowl game in which the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots was the most-watched single television program ever in the U.S, averaging an estimated 111.3 million viewers.
- Americans will consume an estimated 50 million cases of beer on the day.
- Dips and spreads are the top choice of food to eat during the Super Bowl, followed by chicken wings and pizza.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest day for consumption of food and drink for Americans, behind Thanksgiving Day.
- Tickets for the inaugural Super Bowl were sold for $6 but the price increases have outpaced inflation and the face value for tickets this year range between $850 and $1,250.
So the big question, the real question: IS IT SUNDAY YET?