Should Congress Have To Live Like The Rest Of Us? Silly Question?
I have said many time over and I will continue to stand my ground that 99% of Congress and Washington D.C. couldn't care less about you or I and what is best for this country. What they are concerned about is their own well-being.
The salary of the average American is less than $50,000. That is money earned the hard way, usually 5-6 days a week and 40-50 hours put in that paycheck. However, the average wealth of a House member is over $750,000 and Senator's on average pull in about $2.38 million.
If that isn't mind-boggling enough, on TOP of their salaries (that you and I pay) they still get these following perks:
- $174,000 salary
- Free company car
- Free gas
- Free parking (even at airports)
- Free flights almost anywhere in the world
- Per diem travel allowance... up to $3,000 a trip
- A month’s paid vacation
- 3-day work-weeks
- Free membership to a top-flight gym
- Pension plan and 401K plan
- Full retirement benefits (including up to 44% of their six figure salaries) at age 62
- Free top of the line health insurance with 10 plans to choose from
- Fully covered – even with pre-existing condition
This just makes me want to vomit! Being a 'member' of Congress is the most lucrative "Public Service" job in the world. How in the world is Washington D.C going to fix the real problems in the world when their only problem is that damn 3 day work week and running out of lobster.
Why do we allow this? WE PAY THEIR SALARIES!!!!