Recycle Your Christmas Tree-Larimer County Locations
From now through January 17, 2012, residents will be able to take their trees to one of four designated drop-off locations in Fort Collins,
plus one in Wellington. The Tree Recycling Program is a free service to the community and is jointly sponsored by the City of Fort Collins and Larimer County.
Trees that are collected weekly from this residential program will be processed into wood mulch suitable for landscaping and gardening projects. Later in the spring, the mulch will be offered to the public for free at the Larimer County Landfill.
It’s extremely important for all lights, string, wire, ornaments, tinsel, fake snow and bags to be removed before taking your tree to any of the drop-off locations; otherwise these decorative materials are ground up and become mixed in the final mulch product, which degrades its value and usefulness. Here’s a listing of all drop-off locations:
• Edora Park, 1420 E. Stuart St. (Tennis court parking lot)
• Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S. Taft Hill Rd. (Monday – Saturday, 8a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
• Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S. Shields St. (Parking lot, S.E. corner)
• Streets Facility, 625 Ninth Street (S.W. corner of Vine & Lemay)
• Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site (corner of 6th Street and Grant Ave.)