Recipe Rescue: Orange and Blue Superbowl Party Food Idea’s
The small problem with our incredible Bronco's is figuring out how to make orange and blue foods for our big Superbowl Parties.
It's easier than you think to load the snack table with Orange and Blue Foods. An ants size amount of creativity and you are in like Flynn.
ORANGE AND BLUE FOOD IDEAS:
- Deviled Eggs: after you have removed the yolks, fill the sink or a large bowl with blue colored water (a few drops of edible blue food coloring (like you would use to color frosting) should work) and add the eggs till they are the color blue you like (you may need more coloring if they are being stingy and only turning baby blue) Then fill the eggs with the yolk mixture. (for a healthier mix use non-fat plain Greek yogurt with a couple of Tbs of mustard, salt and pepper and a drop of lemon just with a Tbs of paprika)
- Hot Wings (homemade or take-out) In a clear or glass bowl mix together edible blue food coloring with your Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
- Chop up some cantaloupe, arrange on a platter leaving a "volcano" hole in the middle and fill with fresh blueberries or blackberries (blackberries aren't technically blue but will work, especially if you have picky eaters that don't eat blue berries)
- COCKTAIL: this could just be a regular ole punch, but if you want to add a little 'pop' to it this stays in theme of the Superbowl and tastes yummy. The punch 6 cups of Gingerale, 2-3 cups of Orange Juice, 1 cup of pineapple juice and several scoops of Orange Sherbet. When someone wants a glass (you can also make ahead a few small glasses for effect) drizzle on top of the punch a coconut rum such as Blue Chair Bay (Country Star sponsor-Kenny Chesney) or a blue liquor like Blue Curacao.
- Cupcakes: Get a yellow cake mix, mix per directions (for lower calories and a great moist cupcake, substitute all fats in recipe with equal amounts of applesauce) Add 1/2 cup or more of butterscotch chips to the batter (I put the chips in the freezer and add them at the last moment, I don't want them to completely melt), get a light and fluffy frosty in the freezer section-it's cool whip frosting(s) mix in a Tbs, to start, of blueberry jam or blueberry syrup, frost cupcakes when cooled
- Queso: Everyone by now knows how to make the simplest Queso in the world, Velveeta and Ro*tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies Put it in a bowl and serve with Blue Corn Chips (this one really is a no-brainer)
There you have it, a great start to planning your Superbowl party!