Recipe Rescue: Foods You Didn’t Know You Could Freeze
Not all foods can be frozen, but did you know that you can freeze these thing’s?
FOODS YOU CAN FREEZE:
- Cheese: let it defrost all the way before putting in fridge to keep it from crumbling
- Homemade Pancakes and Waffles: the trick, freeze them on a baking sheet before putting in a freezer bag
- Pasta: Store in individual serving sizes in small bags and run under hot water to have a quick meal or just add to soups and stews
- Sandwiches: make a weeks worth of lunches, they’ll stay cold till lunch time and will cut time out of your busy morning’s. Don’t freeze with lettuce, tomatoes or mayonnaise.
- Potato Chips: crazy I know, but you can, thaw them completely and they will retain their crunch and taste.
- Milk: buy it on sale and freeze it.
- Eggs: Yep, just crack them in a freezer and hello omelet. To cut time, add the cheese and diced onions and peppers-instant breakfast.