Preparing Your Pets For Spring — What to Do
Thinking about spring, the first thing that comes to mind is cleaning, ugh! Then we start thinking about what we’ll do this summer, but what about our pets. We start eating differently, habitually. We become more active without even thinking about it and make many more positive changes, but there are things that we should do for our pets too. It’s time to prepare your pets for spring.
PREPARING YOUR PETS FOR SPRING:
- It’s time for a trip to the vet, pets should be seen twice a year. The vet will need to check your pets overall health and weight after being virtually inactive over the colder months.
- Don’t rely on store products to solve potentially personality and health changing fleas and ticks, ask your vet about the best way to protect your fur child.
- Help them ‘blow’ their fur and brush them more often, this will make a happier pet and owner
- Get on a heartworm regiment, it’s and easier monster to tackle with preventative care.
- Taking them on a road trip? Check into anxiety medicine, pets can have high anxiety when traveling and nobody likes to deal with an angry cat or a vomiting dog, respect their needs.
Our pets are our family and often times with as busy as we get in the warmer months we accidentally overlook their needs.