Multiple Closures for Windsor Exit This Week
The closures started up again yesterday at I-25 and Colorado 392. The Colorado Department of Transportation has announced a number of closures concerning the Windsor Exit for this week.
According to a release from CDOT: Expect the following lane closures and detour routes this week, weather permitting:
- Sunday, March 18 from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Mobile lane closures on eastbound and westbound SH 392 near the I-25 intersection to allow striping operations.
- Sunday, March 18 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.: Mobile lane closures on northbound and southbound I-25 at the SH 392, including on- and off-ramps, to allow striping operations.
- Monday, March 19 at 6 a.m.: Southeast section of the Westgate and SH 392 intersection will be closed indefinitely until further notice.
- At the south side of SH 392, northbound and southbound traffic will be detoured to the southbound lanes of Westgate.
- Northbound traffic can use the following detours:
- East on SH 392 to County Road (CR) 5, north on CR 5 to Kechter Drive, then west on Kechter Drive.
- West to Timberline Road, then north to River Pass Road, then east on Kechter Drive.
- Southbound traffic can use the following detours:
- East on Kechter Drive to CR 5, south on CR 5, then west on SH 392.
- West on Kechter Drive to Timberline Road, south on Timberline to SH 392, then east on SH 392.
- Tuesday, March 20 at 6 a.m. through Monday, March 26 at 6 a.m.: The southbound and northbound lanes of the west frontage road will be closed north of SH 392 for approximately one quarter mile for earthwork, concrete pouring, and asphalt paving.
- Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (if necessary): The right lane of southbound I-25 will be closed from mile marker (MM) 262 to 261 for bridge support work.
This work is part of a $17.5 million project that replaces the SH 392 bridge over I-25 with one that is wider to accommodate two lanes in each direction as well as a left-turn lane in each direction. There will also be a six-foot bike lane and a 6.5-foot sidewalk on each side of the bridge.
CDOT has real-time updates about road conditions in your area. Click on the green cell phone icon in the upper right hand corner of the page, and select the “I-25 & SH 392 Interchange” list under projects. For more information about the Windsor Exit project .