Matthews House Helps Youth Transition to Independence [INTERVIEW]
The Matthews House is holding their annual fundraiser tonight. Funds raised will go to help youth and young adults in transition. These may be kids who are aging out of foster care, or who have had troubled pasts and need help in transitioning to independence.
They are holding their fundraiser at the Fort Collins Marriot tonight. I spoke with Helen Parks from the Matthews House about their programs and fundraiser.
2012 will be Our 3rd Annual Hoopla for Hope and it will highlight the dance styles, signature cocktails, foods, music and fashion from the disco era of the early 1970s. We’ll dance the night away in an effort to raise money for youth and families who lack significant support and skills to transition to self-sufficiency.
Come to our funky party and:
- dance to the tunes of the 70′s with our live DJ Leonard Kiel,
- hear performances by Michael Jackson, Gloria Gaynor & Donna Summer,
- learn The Hustle and compete in a dance-off
- take home a photo from our Photo Booth, complete with props,
- enjoy far-out cocktails and appetizers,
- bid on high-quality silent and live auction items,
- compete in the costume contest,
- win fabulous prizes and give-aways,
- and of course dance, dance, dance.