It’s An Orange Out Tonight For Nationally Ranked CSU Basketball Team
Tonight our 24th ranked CSU Rams will take on San Diego State at Moby. This is one of the biggest games to hit our area in ages. I am so proud of the Rams and what they have been able to do this year. The Rams are 19-4 and SDSU is 18-5 and 22nd. This should be an outstanding match up and could be huge win for the Rams. It is an "orange out" tonight. We are all encouraged to wear orange and pack the gym. Here is some info from CSU on the game.
- "The Colorado State men’s basketball returns to the court, after an idle weekend in the schedule to open the second half of Mountain West play at home against league preseason favorite San Diego State.
- The 19-4 (6-2 MW) Rams, ranked 24th in both the AP and USA Today top-25 polls, are coming off of a 73-69 road win over Nevada, led by a double-double performances from Greg Smith (career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds) and Colton Iverson (10 points and a career-high 16 rebounds).
- San Diego State (18-5, 6-3 MW) is ranked No. 22 in the USA Today Coaches top-25 poll, and has won two straight since suffering a 70-67 loss in its last road outing at Air Force on Feb. 2. Since that loss the Aztecs have won home games against Boise State (63-62) and Fresno State (75-53).
- Tipoff between the Rams and the Aztecs is set for 8 p.m. MT at Moby Arena, and the game will be televised nationally on CBS Sports Network.
- The game is the Rams’ fourth-annual “Orange Out” as the team will don the school’s original colors of “pumpkin” orange and “alfalfa” green and wear the program’s original mascot - Aggies - across their uniforms.
- San Diego State held off the Rams in overtime, 79-72, in the first matchup of the season, Jan. 12 at Viejas Arena. CSU won the last matchup at Moby Arena, 77-60, on Jan. 28, 2012. "
Get your ticket info here for tonight's game.