Is Your Soda Making you Sad?
It is possible that your soda could be making you sad. If you drink 4 or more cans a day, your chances of depression may be increased.
If you've ever ran for a soda in the afternoon for a pick me up, you may be doing more harm than good. A recent study by the American Academy of Neurology indicates that soda, especially diet soda, may be bringing you down.
The study, by the AAN, says that people who drink at least 4 cans of soda a day are 30% more likely to be depressed when compared to those that do not drink soda. The odds increased in those that drank diet soda verses full sugar soda.
- Kidney Problems: 2 diet sodas a day can result in decreased kidney function.
- Off Balanced Metabolism: just one diet soda a day can increase belly fat and raise your cholesterol.
- Obesity: diet soda can actually make you fat because the artificial sweeteners trick your body and it can't regulate the calories properly and that can lead to more eating and increased waistlines because you may crave sugar more.
- A Bad Hangover: drinks made with diet soda can you drunker faster.
- Cell Damage: diet soda contains chemicals not found in regular soda that can damage your DNA
- Rotting Teeth: diet soda is very acidic and that can dissolve your enamel, in fact if you drink 3 or more cans a day, statistically you have poorer teeth health than those who do not drink diet soda.
- Reproductive Issues: this is true of both diet and regular soda because of the can, the coating can be linked to obesity, heart disease and reproductive issues.
So next time you reach for a can of diet soda, think again, maybe a glass of water is just what the day has ordered.