How Big is the Beef Cattle Industry in the State of Colorado?
K99 has teamed up with LaSalle Oil to “Celebrate Colorado’s Farmers and Ranchers!” The beef industry is huge in Colorado.
How huge? According to the Colorado Cattleman's Association:
- Colorado is home to 11,600 farms with cattle and calves, 206 feedlots, and 24 USDA certified slaughter plants.
- Colorado ranked 10th in the United States in total cattle in the year 2011.
- Colorado’s “cow-calf” operators produce over 750,000 feed calves per year.
- Colorado’s feedlots feed over 2.3 million cattle per year, which are then processed by slaughter plants in the state.
- Traditionally, Colorado has around 2.65 million head of cattle each year, valued at over $2.8 billion.
- Colorado is the fourth largest exporter of fresh and frozen beef in the United States.
- Weld County is Colorado's leading producer of beef cattle.
Celebrating Northern Colorado’s Farmers and Ranchers is brought to you exclusively by LaSalle Oil Company. Established in 1991 as a provider of bulk oils and fuels in the Northern Colorado area, LaSalle Oil is committed to providing only the highest quality products and services to our customers. For more information about Northern Colorado’s premiere oil and fuel distributor please visit LaSalleOil.com.