Have you been Following Todd Harding on his Dentist Visits?
He is a crazy man sometimes, but you already know that if you've listened for an hour or over 20 years. I noticed today he was all about going to the dentist and that got me thinking, do people really dread going to the dentist?
Well although I am not afraid of the dentist nor do I ever get anxious, apparently it is a big deal for a lot of people. (I do get embarrassed when I have a mouth full of spit and they aren't sucking it out fast enough)
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear of the Dental Equipment
- Sensitive Gag Reflex
- Fear of Loud Noises (some experts advise wearing ear plugs)
- Feeling uncomfortable or vulnerable in the dental chair
- Unable to breathe through your nose
- Having bad breath
- Afraid there will still be pain, not enough anesthesia
What scares you about going to the dentist? And do you avoid the dentist because of your fears?
Oh, and I hope for the best for Todd at the dentist