GPS Tracker for Charley’s 2015 Honor Flight Northern Colorado Endurance Ride
For those of you who are interested in following my Honor Flight Northern Colorado Endurance Ride on June 4, bookmark this page for the GPS tracker.
I'd like to take this opportunity to make the announcement that one of my closest friends will be making the journey with me this year. Mike Neuerburg is only one of three people I would actually trust to do a ride like this and after months of discussion, the decision was made, for several reasons, to make this a two-man ride this year.
Many have been asking if I would be taking along a GPS tracker like I did on last years ride so people could track the daily progress. The answer, is yes. So keep this story in a handy place if you have any interest in keeping up with where I am during the 10,000 mile ride which leaves on June 4, 2015.
The Iron Butt 10/10ths ride is one of the most extreme Iron Butt rides to do. Sure, there are tougher ones, but 10,000 miles in 10 days, or 240 hours, is still an "extreme" ride even by Iron Butt standards. To complete a ride like this, one must solve the time and mileage equation by planning and executing those plans almost flawlessly.
My ride will officially get underway the morning of Thursday, June 4 and will end we hope sometime late in the evening on Saturday, June 13 or in the early morning hours of Sunday, June 14. With any luck and if things go as planned, I hope to not only complete the 10/10ths Iron Butt ride this year, but to complete it in about 233 hours, or less.
- Leg 1/June 4 Greeley, CO to Calgary, AB - 1066.5 Miles
- Leg 2/June 5 Calgary, AB to Toad River, BC - 944.4 Miles
- Leg 3/June 6 Toad River, BC to Fairbanks, AK - 1062.5 Miles
- Leg 4/June 7 Fairbanks, AK to Haines Junction, YT - 892.0 Miles
- Leg 5/June 8 Haines Junction, YT to Smithers, BC (Via Skagway) - 1058.5 Miles
- Leg 6/June 9 Smithers, BC to Union Gap, WA - 1026.8 Miles
- Leg 7/June 10 Union Gap, WA to Coalinga, CA - 951.8 Miles
- Leg 8/June 11 Coalinga, CA to Idaho Falls, ID - 1087.7 Miles
- Leg 9/June 12 Idaho Falls, ID to Fergus Falls, MN - 1017.7 Miles
- Leg 10/June 13 Fergus Falls, MN to Greeley, CO (Via Cheyenne) - 964.3 Miles
If you want to see pictures and daily updates please visit, like and bookmark the official Honor Flight Northern Colorado Endurance Ride Facebook by clicking here. The GPS tracker is directly below. You may need to refresh this page from time to time. It shows my current location, as well as my tracks for the past 24 hours.