Weld Project Connect
Weld Project Connect is an annual, one-day event providing numerous on-site services directly to individuals and households struggling and in need due to foreclosure, job loss, age, health problems and other issues that can interrupt life. This event brings volunteers of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels together to serve people in Weld County.
How it works; following a successful national model:
- Residents in need of assistance attend the one-day event to receive numerous services on-site; rather than referrals.
- Event environment and attitude is welcoming and festive.
- Each person or family (each adult) is greeted by a community volunteer who helps the client navigate through the available services. The volunteer “navigator” stays with the guest at the event until they’ve received all of the services needed.
- All services provided the day of the event are free.
- Free day-care available on-site.
- Free system-wide bus service in Greeley and Evans on day of event.
- Prepared to serve 2,000 guests in 2012.
Sample services for 2012:
- Bicycle licenses
- Dental, Chiropractic, Acupunture & various health screenings
- Documentation assistance (i.e. Social Security cards)
- Education and career counseling
- Employment (Resume writing and job referrals)
- Flu shots
- Hair cuts
- Legal services
- Mortgage loan modifications and credit counseling
- Pet licenses
- Veterans services
- And many others . . .
[via Weld Project Connect.]