2nd Annual Snow Sculpture in the Dark: Fire and Ice
A wintertime event would not be the same without some holiday cheer. Engaging Loveland’s Snow Sculpture in the Dark has something fun to offer for all.
Friday night, Dec. 9 is not only Loveland’s monthly Night on the Town, but will also offer many other activities. Dancing Pines Distillery is hosting the 1st Annual Liquid Arts Festival held in the historical Bonnell Building from 5:30 – 10 p.m. Indulge in featured spirits from various Colorado distilleries and enjoy hors d’oeuvres supplied by TASTE Catering.
After, stroll along 4th Street by foot or horse drawn carriage and admire the 8ft tall snow sculptures as they are being hand carved; and even vote for your favorite. Craving something sweet? Purchase a S’more Kit from the Loveland High School Honor Society, and make your s’mores at any fire pit located along 4th Street. Need to finish some last minute holiday shopping? Step into the Artisan Show located at yet another historical building, The Majestic Gathering Place. Open both Friday and Saturday.
Saturday morning, sculptors will make last minute touch ups to prepare their snow creations for judging. People’s Choice Voting will end at 3 p.m. A lineup of live entertainment is listed below.
- 11 a.m. – Loveland Choral Society – www.lovelandchoralsociety.org
- 11:30 a.m. – Loveland Belly Belles – www.lovelandbellybelles.com
- 12 p.m. – Ann’s All-Stars Baton Twirling – www.annsallstars.org
- 12:30 p.m. – Dancer’s Ascent – www.dancersascent.com
- 1 p.m. – Harrington Arts Academy – www.harringtonartsacademy.com
- 2 p.m. – Immanuel Lutheran Handbell Choir – http://church.immanuelloveland.org
- 2:30 p.m. – Sound Waves Signing Choir
- 3 p.m. – Up in Lights Productions – www.uilproductions.com
In addition to live entertainment, there will be free children’s amusements at the North Pole along 4th Street between Lincoln Ave. and Washington Ave. Activities will include horse drawn carriage rides with Santa, face painting, balloon animals, ice bowling, a train and more. Be sure to stick around for Loveland’s Parade of Lights at 4:30 p.m.