Evans, Colorado Man Sentenced To 144 Years In Prison
A 27-year-old Weld County man was sentenced to 144 years in prison for beating his girlfriend then shooting at police officers and paramedics he had called to his Evans home with a 911 call.
Matthew Gene Rockwell was sentenced to:
- 48 years for the Attempted Murder of Officer Pete Bratton
- 48 years for the Attempted Murder of Officer Luke Croissant
- 32 years for the First-Degree Assault of Officer Bratton
- 32 years for the First-Degree Assault of Officer Croissant
- 16 years for the Second-Degree Assault of his then-girlfriend
All of the sentences run consecutive to each other except for the second 32-year sentence, which runs concurrent to the others. Together, the sentences total 144 years in prison.