Denver Bronco Fans Aren’t the Best in the NFL, but Close to It
You don't get a trophy or a ring for being the best fans in the NFL, but having a great fan base makes players want to come to your team, and when they are there, it makes them want to play harder! Forbes released their list of the teams with the best fans today (August 21st), and although the Denver Broncos don't top the list, they are close.
The Bronco's fans came in at number two on the list behind only the Green Bay Packer fans.
The list is based on five criteria...
1. Hometown crowd reach (defined by Nielsen Scarborough as a percentage of the metropolitan area population that watched, attended, and/or listened to a game in the last year)
2. Three years worth of television ratings (per Nielsen)
3. Three years of stadium attendance based on capacity reached.
4. Three years worth of merchandise sales (per NFLShop.com)
5. Social media reach (a combination of Facebook likes and Twitter followers based on the team's metro area population).
The Broncos were ranked like this:
Hometown Crowd Rank: 5
TV Audience Rank: 4
Stadium Attendance Rank: 1
Social Media Rank: 4
Merchandise Rank: 2
So take that Sea-chickens... You may have your 12th man and a fancy trophy, but our fans are actually way better than yours (Seattle was ranked 9th)!!