Colorado Eagles To Take On Steelheads in First Round of ECHL Playoffs
We now know who the Colorado Eagles will play in the 1st round of the playoffs. The Eagles will meet the Idaho Steelheads in the Western Conference Quarterfinals of the 2014 ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs. The series kicks Friday, April 18th at CenturyLink Arena in Boise.
Colorado wrapped up the fifth seed in the conference standings after completing a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over the Alaska Aces on Saturday (And I got to see it) and the Las Vegas Wranglers beat the Bakersfield Condors on Sunday. This will be the second straight post-season to see the Eagles and Steelheads clash in the opening round of the playoffs. (We lost to them last year.)
- Game 1: Friday, April 18, Colorado at Idaho, 7:10 PM
- Game 2: Saturday, April 19, Colorado at Idaho, 7:10 PM
- Game 3: Tuesday, April 22, Idaho at Colorado, 7:05 PM
- Game 4: Thursday, April 24, Idaho at Colorado, 7:05 PM
- Game 5**: Friday, April 25, Idaho at Colorado, 7:05 PM
- Game 6**: Monday, April 28, Colorado at Idaho, 7:10 PM
- Game 7**: Tuesday, April 29, Colorado at Idaho, 7:10 PM
** – if necessary
The winner of the best-of-seven series will advance to take on the winner of the quarterfinals series between the top-seeded Alaska Aces and the eighth-seeded Las Vegas Wranglers.