Children’s Day Wednesday, April 24th in Downtown Loveland – Schedule of Events
Wish they would have had this when I was a kid. The City of Loveland, with the help of the Thompson School District, will celebrate the 10th annual Colorado Children’s Day on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. with a great day of fun and activities dedicated entirely to them. Last year, more than 2,000 children and their parents enjoyed the fun at this event.
Activities planned for this year
- “Touch a Truck” – police cars, fire engines, trash trucks, road graders and more at Fire Station #1 (410 E. 5th St.)
- Miss Loveland Valentine and History Learning Booths at the Museum/Gallery (503 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Free Cartoons at the Rialto Theater Center Community Room (222 E. 4th St.)
- Story time, R2J puppet show and other activities at the Loveland Public Library (300 N. Adams)
- Arts and crafts, LEGOs, balloon tying, gymnastics and tennis at the Chilson Recreation Center (700 E. 4th St.)
- Bike Safety Rodeo plus a JumpHouse behind the Chilson at 807 East 1st St
- SNAG golf activity and Parks and Recreation Sports Demos for ages 5 and older at Foote Lagoon
- Facepainting at the Foote Lagoon
- Water & Power Safety Interactive Booth at the Foote Lagoon Plaza (Civic Center- 500 E. 3rd St.)
- Vendor & Sponsor Booths & Activities at Fire Station #1 (410 E. 5th St.) and at the Foote Lagoon Plaza (Civic Center- 500 E. 3rd St.)
- Wayne and Wingnut: Comedy ventriloquist shows at 2:15 and 3:15 p.m. at Foote Lagoon
Vendors for the 2013 Loveland Colorado Children’s Day
Adoption Dreams Come True, Agape Family Schools, Alternatives to Violence, The Arc of Larimer County, Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County, Bright Beginnings, Chick-fil-A, Children’s Speech and Reading Center, Door-to-Door Organics, Early Childhood Council of Larimer County, Educo Leadership Adventures, Fort Collins Cat Rescue, Health District CHP+ and Medicaid Outreach Project, Larimer Department of Health, Larimer County Garbage Garage, LETA 9-1-1, Larimer Humane Society, Loveland Fishing Club, Loveland Classical Schools, Lutheran Family Services, Make Change NoCo, Modern Woodmen of America, PAC Kin, Philo Club, Safe Kids of Larimer County, Sculpture Invitational, Teaching Tree Early Childhood Center, Thompson School District, Thompson Valley Preschool, Tri 102, Tutor Doctor, United Way of Larimer County, Wolf Thunder Run Draft Horses
Parking for Children’s Day can be found in City of Loveland lots, including two new parking lots on 3rd & Lincoln Avenue and south of Chilson Recreation Center (access on First Street).
For more information on the 2012 event, please call 970-962-2727 or visit cityofloveland.org.