Townsquare Media Station Wins Major Market Station of the Year
Townsquare Media’s Retro 102.5 FM was named the station of the year among major market stations at the Colorado Broadcasters Association Awards of Excellence Gala Saturday in Denver.
Townsquare Media Northern Colorado won big with 13 awards earned at the annual event. Among the major market honors are four first-place awards of excellence for Retro 102.5 and 99.9 The Point.
“I am incredibly proud of our dozen local content creators and account executive team,” said Townsquare Media Market President Evan Harrison. “Receiving 13 awards affirms our dedication to serving our local market with passion and big ideas that resonate locally on the radio and on our apps and websites, which reach and engage ALL of NoCo.”
Retro received an award of excellence in:
- Best station imaging campaign for Dave Jensen’s “All Christmas” programming.
- Best radio commercial for an advertiser for a Swan Heading and Air/Duh spot produced by Shelby Taylor-Thorne and Maddi Scruggs.
- Best station website for retro1025.com directed by Madalyn Warren and Dave Jensen.
The Point earned an award of excellence for best sales event or live remote broadcast for the 99.9 The Point’s Zombie Ball executed by Shelby Taylor-Thorne and Maddi Scruggs.
Additional certificates of merit for Retro include:
- Best public service announcement for Blue Christmas – Evan Harrison, Dave Jensen, Kama McDonald.
- Best station imaging campaign for 102.5 Minutes of Commercial-Free Music – Dave Jensen.
- Best midday show – Kama McDonald.
- Best regularly scheduled entertainment program for 80s Party Weekends – Dave Jensen.
Three certificates of merit for The Point include:
- Best station sponsored community event9 The Point’s Jingle Mingle – Big Rob and Michelle Turley.
- Best afternoon show – Big Rob.
- Best radio commercial for an advertiser for Ehrlich Toyota Trade Anything Sale – John Motschall and Big Rob.
Townsquare Media’s annual summer festival, Taste of Fort Collins, also earned a certificate of merit for the best sales event or live remote broadcast category.
The annual Colorado Broadcasters Association Awards of Excellence gala took place on April 9, 2022, at Grand Hyatt Denver. The CBA recognizes “Stations of the Year” with a point system that determines winners in each market based on the number of awards (first place) and certificates (second place) won by each station.