New Brewery in Fort Collins Opens Friday, Focuses on Collaborations
Envy Brewing is the latest addition to the Fort Collins beer scene, opening its doors at 11 a.m. on Friday at 3027 E. Harmony Road.
We talked to Brian Connery, the head brewer at Envy, who says that 60-70% of the beers you'll find at Envy will be collaborations with other local breweries in the area including some in Denver, as well as local hop companies, grain companies, restaurants, bars, and more...the possibilities are endless.
Connery, who's worked at Dogfish Head, New Belgium and Boulder Beer Company met partners Erik Schmidt, Joe Morgan and Dana Hood a year before their opening, and considers himself lucky to be a part of the Envy family but not only that...lucky to work in Colorado. "I'm probably one of the luckiest brewers you're ever going to meet," he told us.
On Friday, March 8, you can expect those famous collaboration beers on tap (which Scruggs samples in the video below). The lineup includes:
- Chicory Dickory Dock: Winter Warmer, collaboration with Snowbank Brewing
- Rosy Mallows: Hibiscus Saison, collaboration with Chain Reaction in Denver
- Traditional Porter, collaboration with McClellans (on both cask and tap)
- Gary Juicy: Hazy New England Style IPA, collaboration with Grossen Bart in Longmont
- Mild Ale, collaboration with Dad and Dudes Brewery in Aurora
- Session Pale Ale with Cascade and Metcalfe pale malt from Root Shoot Malting
- Peach Cobbler Milkshake IPA with Launch Pad in Aurora