FAQ’s + Everything You Need To Know About This Summer’s Cheyenne Frontier Days
It's time to start gearing up for the return of the world's largest outdoor rodeo and western celebration, Cheyenne Frontier Days.
Cheyenne Frontier Days, often referred to as the "Daddy of 'em All," began back in 1897.
Still around one hundred twenty-six years later, Cheyenne Frontier Days is a 10-day festival of rip-roarin' excitement, featuring the world's best PRCA rodeo action and loads of western entertainment.
Cheyenne Frontier Days consists of epic PRCA rodeo and slack events, star-studded concert performances, Professional Bull Riders, USAF Thunderbirds, parades, pancake breakfasts, a western art show and sale, a huge carnival + crave-worthy fair food, the Old West Museum, an Indian village and more.
This summer's 126th annual Cheyenne Frontier Days will take place from Friday, July 22, through Sunday, July 31, 2022 at Frontier Park in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Everything You Need To Know About This Summer's 126th Annual Cheyenne Frontier Days
From rodeos to concerts, lineups, schedules, park requirements and policies, ticket information, safety protocols, and more, we've compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions regarding Cheyenne Frontier Days along with their answers.
Have a question about this summer's 126th Cheyenne Frontier Days celebration? Read on for all the info you need about one of the hottest events of the summer in the West.
QUESTION: When does this summer's Cheyenne Frontier Days begin/end?
- This summer's 126th annual Cheyenne Frontier Days will take place from Friday, July 22, through Sunday, July 31, 2022 at Frontier Park in Cheyenne, WY.
QUESTION: What artists are a part of this summer's CFD Frontier Nights lineup?
- Cheyenne Frontier Days' concert series. Frontier Nights kicks off Friday, July 22, with performances that run through the following Saturday, July 30. Star-studded acts a part of this summer's Frontier Nights lineup include:
- Friday, July 22: Jason Aldean with Gabby Barrett
- Saturday, July 23: Dierks Bentley with Chancey Williams
- Sunday, July 24: Parker McCollum with Ian Munsick & Brett Kissel
- Wednesday, July 27: Kid Rock with Night Ranger
- Thursday, July 28: Koe Wetzel, Jelly Roll & Nelly
- Friday, July 29: Sam Hunt with Russell Dickerson
- Saturday, July 30: Brooks & Dunn with Elvie Shane
** On Monday, July 25 - Tuesday, July 26, Frontier Nights will break for two nights for the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) – Team Series Event **
QUESTION: When will Cheyenne Frontier Days tickets be on sale + how do you buy tickets?
- Internet-only ticket sales begin Wednesday, March 16 via the Cheyenne Frontier Days website. Beginning Thursday, March 17, CFD's ticket office will be open for all ticket sales.
Tickets for all Cheyenne Frontier Days events can be purchased through the Frontier Days official website at www.cfdrodeo.com, or by calling the CFD ticket office at (307) 778-7222.
QUESTION: How much are Cheyenne Frontier Days tickets?
- Frontier Nights concert ticket prices range from $54-$105; rooftop ticket prices start at $175. Daily rodeo tickets range from $18-$43, and rooftop starts at $80. PBR tickets range from $25-$105 with special elite seating and VIP tickets are also available at various prices via the Cheyenne Frontier Days website.
QUESTION: Are there any security protocols and/or policies at Cheyenne Frontier Days?
CFD has implemented a clear bag policy for all guests. Guests are encouraged to only bring essential items onto Frontier Park ground in an effort to best provide a safer environment for the public as well as expedite entry into Frontier Park.
What is the Clear Bag Policy?
All guests will be allowed to enter with ONE clear plastic bag. Guests will be able to carry the following styles and bag sizes onto Frontier Park:
- Bags (including clear backpacks or clear fanny packs) that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12”x 6”x12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of your hand can be taken into the park with one of the clear plastic bags. The clutch bag may not be larger than 5”x7”
- Additional clothing, if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag
- Diapers Bags after proper inspection
*exceptions will be made for medical items after proper inspection*
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Any clear bag larger than 12” x 6” x 12
- Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Bottles, Cans, Thermoses, Water Bottles, Drinks or Beverages
- Coolers of any kind
- Animals (service dogs are permitted)
- Artificial Noisemakers
- Backpacks (clear packs permitted)
- Bicycles, Scooters, Roller Skates, and Skateboards
- Binocular Cases
- Camera Bags
- Computer Bags
- Fanny Packs (clear packs permitted)
- Illegal Drugs
- Objects that can be used as projectiles
- Outside food or drink
- Purses larger than a clutch
- Solid drawstring bags
- Pets will not be permitted onto Frontier Park with the exception of service dogs for the disabled.
- Some areas may require you to be 21 years of age and have valid ID.
- Closed-circuit cameras have been installed around Frontier Park and will be monitored during the celebration
- Firearms, weather concealed or unconcealed, will not be allowed on Frontier Park grounds
- All Frontier Park entrances will include bag and security checkpoints
QUESTION: Where do I park at Cheyenne Frontier Days?
- Check out CFD's directions & parking website page for more info.
QUESTION: Is there a map of Frontier Park?
- View a map of the Cheyenne Frontier Days map here.
QUESTION: What time should I arrive at CFD events (i.e; rodeos, Frontier Nights concerts)
- Seating begins one hour prior to the event start time. PRCA Rodeo seating begins at noon each day; Frontier Nights seating begins at 7 p.m. each night.
QUESTION: Is there an admission fee to get into the park?
- Admission into the park is $5 per person. However, if you have already purchased Rodeo or Frontier Nights tickets or a carnival armband for that day, admission to the park is free.
- In addition, if you pay the $15 for Park & Ride, you will receive free entrance into the park for all persons in the vehicle.
QUESTION: What time do CFD parades begin?
- Parades start at 9 a.m. sharp. See CFD's map of Downtown Cheyenne and the Parade Route here for more info.
QUESTION: Are strollers allowed on park grounds?
- Strollers are allowed on Frontier Park after a proper inspection, however, they can be very difficult to take into the grandstands. Strollers are not allowed in the Party Zone.
- What's the Party Zone?
- This area is designed for those wishing to get close to the stage while enjoying a party atmosphere. The area consists of standing-room-only and is general admission
- What's the Party Zone?
More Ticket Info: Cheyenne Frontier Days Ticket Policy & Guidelines
- Learn more about authorized ticket sellers, seating and admission policies, ticket billing, delivery options, and more here.
For the latest Cheyenne Frontier Days information, visit CFD's official website at www.cfdrodeo.com.
Past Cheyenne Frontier Days
Your Country Concert Lineup For 2022