Costco Opens in Timnath — Top 10 Things to Know About Costco
You may have driven by the construction site, talked to your friends about the opening, it's now here. Costco opens in Timnath and here are some things to know about Costco.
Costco in Timnath will open Thursday morning, October 2, 2014 at 8 a.m.
The Coloradoan says officials are expecting a higher level of traffic in the area than normal. And that Timnath police will be working with the Larimer County Sheriff's Office and the Colorado State Patrol in monitoring and controlling traffic flow.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COSTCO
- They monitor gas prices within a 5 miles radius, meeting and/or beating that price and are only 1 in four in the country that will offer Diesel
- Costco is one of the country's largest "pizza chains", you can even call a pizza order in ahead of time for pick-up
- They once offered Jack Daniels in barrels
- You can buy emergency kits, including the emergency cube. The cube has over 30-thousand servings of food with a shelf life of 25 years, the cost $4,000
- For a very short time, bibles at Costco were once labeled as fiction
- The apple pie in the movie American Pie has been said to have been purchased at Costco
- You can buy high-end jewelry including a $15-thousand watch
- Starbucks once failed to pass on the savings when coffee bean prices dropped and the coffee was pulled from Costco shelves, when Starbucks asked if the Costco owner was the price police, he reportedly said yes.
Early memberships can be purchased through Wednesday, October 1, 2014. There are two different memberships one will cost $55 and the other $110 that comes with $20 in gas cards and $30 in merchandise coupons.