You Won’t Believe All of the Closures For President Obama’s Fort Collins Visit
President Obama will be in Fort Collins today for a campaign stop. Buildings immediately surrounding the Monfort Quad on the CSU Campus will be closed or partly closed all day today and will remain closed through the event. Gates fort the President's visit open at 2 p.m. You must have a ticket. There will be a number of other closures associated with President Obama's visit.
Buildings immediately surrounding the Monfort Quad will be closed or partly closed all day Tuesday and will remain closed through the event. Classes will be relocated. Information about classes and activities normally scheduled in these areas will be posted on-line. There will be Building, Street, & Parking lot closures. Additional Information on-line at Today.colostate.edu
Impacted areas and buildings are:
- Animal Sciences - closed
- Plant Sciences - Main auditorium on the north side of the building will remain open; the rest of the building will be closed. Access is restricted to the north entrance.
- Clark: B wing will be fully closed Tuesday; A and C wings will be open with access restricted to west entrances.
- Natural and Environmental Sciences - closed
- Sherpardson - closed
- Monfort Quad - closed
- The pedestrian corridor between Clark and Morgan Library will have access restricted to the far west sidewalk (along Morgan Library) all day, and then will close completely at 4 p.m. until the end of the event. Pedestrians and bicyclists are encouraged to take alternative routes to the west of Morgan Library. The sidewalk between Eddy Hall and Morgan Library will remain open, and Eddy Hall and Behavioral Sciences Building will be accessible.
- Morgan Library lot #425 will be reserved for "A" employee parking on Street and parking lots closures, bike rack relocations, and car towing will begin at 4 a.m. Tuesda
- For information about cars that are towed, contact the Colorado State University Parking Services at (970) 491-7041. Vehicles will be towed to campus parking lot #240 at the intersection of Pitkin Street and Merdian Drive.
Street closures will begin at 4 a.m. Tuesday and remain closed through the end of the event. Cars not removed from these areas will be towed beginning at 5 a.m. Tuesday
- East Drive from University to Pitkin Street and access to East Drive from lot #445 will be closed to traffic and parking
- A Street between Mason Street and East Drive will be closed to traffic and parking
- University Avenue between East Drive and Centre Avenue will be closed to traffic and parking
- Edison Drive west of the General Services Building will be closed to traffic and parking
- A drop-off location for disabled and elderly will be available on Pitkin near lot #455 in the turn-around area on the street. Cars dropping off individuals will not be allowed to park in the immediate area.
General event parking is available at Hughes Stadium (1800 South Overland Trail) in the East lot at gates 1 and 2. Shuttle bus services will be provided beginning at noon. ADA parking also is available on the second, third and fourth floors of the Lake Street Garage with an event ticket and ADA parking tag/designation.
Parking lot closures
Cars not removed from these areas will be towed beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, unless another closure time is noted. No parking is allowed in these lots during the event. For information about cars that are towed, contact the Colorado State University Parking Services Office at (970) 491-7041.
The following parking lots will be closed at 5 a.m. Tuesday unless another time is noted:
- Animal Sciences lot #455 (reserved for press)
- General Services lots #445 and north lot #446
- National Center for Genetic Resources Preservation lot #442
- Facilities North lot #447
- The Lake Street Garage will be reserved for event parking for ADA vehicles. Limited parking for people with a ticket will be available.
- The A and metered lots (#349 and #350) behind the Administration Building.
Bike rack impacts
- Bike racks near buildings surrounding the Monfort Quad will be moved or closed and are identified by signage. All bikes not removed from those racks by 5 p.m. Monday will be impounded at CSUPD and not available for pick up until 8 a.m. Wednesday through 5 p.m. Proof of ownership will be necessary to retrieve them.