Who Has the Best Burger in Fort Collins – Todd’s Top Five [PICTURES]
Choosing the best burger in Fort Collins is the toughest job I have ever loved. I went into this project thinking I knew what my favorite burger was, but I was pleasantly surprised by the competition and ended up making choices that surprised even me.
5. Culver's Frozen Custard - Butterburgers - 918 S. Lemay Avenue
When I started this, I honestly believed Culver's Butter Burger would be #1 on my list. It didn't turn out that way, but I still love it. I just love a couple others a little more. I had Double Butter Burger with cheese. I got the works, which is ketchup, mustard, pickle and onion. It really is a great burger and looks amazing in the picture. I love the crispiness of the burger. I really do love this burger.
4. Smashburger - 2550 E. Harmony Road Suite 100
This is a very good burger! I had the Classic Smash with American cheese, Smash sauce, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion on an egg bun. It is very fresh and very juicy! You will need lots of napkins! The Smashburger could have easily been #1 on the list if I had caught them on a different day.
3. Stuft - A Burger Bar - 210 South College
At Stuft you create your own burger, so it's almost not fair because you are always going to create a burger you love. However, it still comes down to quality ingredients and did they cook the burger the way you like it. It is a resounding yes on on fronts for Stuft. They make high quality burgers and was very close to being my favorite burger in Fort Collins.
2. The Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen - 151 N College Ave
I love, love, loved this burger. I had the LSK Burger. It has Bacon, fried onion strings, and choice of cheese. I chose Swiss. It's big. I had trouble fitting it in my over-sized mouth. It's juicy and delicious. I really liked crispy onion strings. It is a little pricey at 10 bucks, but well worth it. They also have another monstrosity I must try someday. Its called The Sasquatch. It's a burger served between 2 Grilled cheese sandwiches.
1. Red Robin Gourmet Burgers + Brews - 701 E. Harmony Road
I honestly never expected to choose Red Robin to top my list, but after all of the tasting was over, it was an obvious choice. The Royal Red Robin has bacon and an egg on it, and that is a good thing. Put breakfast on a burger and you got me. This was the sloppiest, messiest, juiciest, most delightfully delicious burger I have ever had. In my opinion, Red Robin has the best burger in Fort Collins.
1. Washington's - If you are looking for a good charbroiled burger, Washington's is the place to go and the ambiance is unmatched.
2. Big Al's - They have a great burger. Their plain bun is the only thing that kept Big Al's out of my top 5.
3. 5 Guys - Still one of my all-time favorites, just wasn't enough room in the top 5.