Where is The Best Fishing in Northern Colorado?
Fishing, not the kind where you dress in four layers of clothing, dig a hole in the ice and freeze for hours without catching dinner kind of fishing. But good ole warm weather, read a book, pack a picnic lunch spend time with the family kind of fishing. Where is the best fishing in Northern Colorado?
WHERE IS THE BEST FISHING IN NORTHERN COLORADO:
- Poudre River packs a punch with the Wild Trout
- Horsetooth Reservoir is not only a great place to hike, bike and boat it kicks butt for fishing too. You'll get your choice of the good stuff at Horsetooth including Walleye, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass, Trout and more.
- St. Vrain Lakes will have you jumping with Trout, Bass, Walleye and an assortment of others.
- Boyd Lake is a good place to kick back with the family with a variety of activities and an awesome array of fish to catch for the frying pan including Walleye, Rainbow Trout and Yellow Perch
- Wellington #4 will have ya snacking on Cutbow Trout and Catfish (plus an old favorite of mine when the kids were little tikes)
Whether you fish for dinner, as a sport or just a handy affordable way to get the family out together, I hope that you enjoy this list of fishing holes and feel free to add to the list.