When Does Horsethooth Reservoir Open for Boating?
We may have had a blast of May snow last week, but believe it or not, Horsetooth Reservoir is open for boating.
Our family loves to get out on Horsetooth Reservoir, whether we're just making circles around the reservoir, dropping anchor or getting out on the tubes.
Early in the season the water can be quite chilly, but that really never seems to bother anyone. The reservoir, along with Carter Lake is open according to the Larimer County website. Hours of operation for boating at all ramps is 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. through October 31.
A few rules to remember when you pack up for a day at the reservoir:
- No glass containers
- Alcohol is allowed, but only at 3.2 percent
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times and aren't allowed on swim beaches
- Firearms and fireworks are prohibited
- Boats must travel in a counter clockwise
- There must be a life jacket for each person on the boat
Yee-Haw, Happy Boating