When Do Colorado Ski Resorts Open in 2016?
Summer's over, school's started, now the final and super important question remains: when will Coloradans be able to escape to the mountains to ski and snowboard down the slopes?
While it all depends on when we'll get snow, and if we'll get enough snow, OnTheSnow.com has come up with projected opening dates for ski resorts all over the state.
Projected opening dates in 2016 are as follows:
- Echo Mountain - Thursday, December 15
- Ski Granby Ranch - Saturday, December 17
- Loveland - Thursday, October 27
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area - Thursday, October 27
- Wolf Creek Ski Area - Saturday, October 29
- Keystone - Saturday, November 5
- Copper Mountain Resort - Friday, November 11
- Breckenridge - Friday, November 11
- Winter Park Resort - Wednesday, November 16
- Vail - Friday, November 18
- Monarch Mountain - Friday, November 18
- Elder Mountain Resort - Friday, November 18
- Purgatory - Saturday, November 19
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort - Wednesday, November 23
- Beaver Creek - Wednesday, November 23
- Aspen/Snowmass - Thursday, November 24
- Ski Cooper - Friday, November 25
- Telluride - Friday, November 25
- Steamboat - Saturday, November 26
- Sunlight Mountain Resort - Friday, December 2
- Howelsen Hill - Friday, December 2
- Powderhorn - Friday, December 16
- Silverton Mountain - Monday, December 19
These dates are probably subject to change and were last updated this past spring. One ski resort you don't see on the list, and haven't seen on the list for the last 25 years, is Hidden Valley in Estes Park. Remember that place? For a throwback of the ski resort that shut down in 1991, go HERE.
We also already know when Northern Colorado is supposed to get its first snowfall. Hopefully it isn't too heavy, because it's going to make trick-or-treating pretty miserable!