What’s the Most Popular Stolen Vehicle in Colorado?
No one wants to think about their car getting stolen, however it does happen, and some vehicles are actually more likely to get taken than others.
The latest report from the National Insurance Crime Bureau shows that 1997 Honda Accords are the vehicle that’s most likely to turn up missing across the entire United States. This data also holds true for Colorado, with ’97 Accords being the most common stolen car within the state too. This could partly be due to the lack of security features, as well as the car’s overall popularity.
Here’s a look at the top 5 most stolen cars in Colorado:
- 1997 Honda Accord
- 1998 Honda Civic
- 2006 Ford Pickup (full size)
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
- 2000 Chevrolet Pickup (full size)
Now, taking a peek at the top 5 most stolen cars nationally:
- Honda Accord – 50,427 total thefts
- Honda Civic – 49,547 total thefts
- Ford Pickup (full size) – 32,721 total thefts
- Chevrolet Pickup (full size) – 31,238 total thefts
- Toyota Camry – 16,732 total thefts