What Will Happen To The Foothills Mall In Fort Collins? Public Hearing February 7th!
The Foothills Mall in Fort Collins is undergoing some major major changes. The Fort Collins Planning and Zoning Board is holding a special public hearing regarding the redevelopment of the Mall. The meeting is Thursday, February 7th at 6 p.m. at the City Council Chamber at 300 West LaPorte Ave. in Fort Collins.
WHAT THEY PROPOSE TO DO TO THE PROPERTY
According to a release from the City of Fort Collins, the Proposed 76 Acre redevelopment consists of:
- Partial deconstructioni of the existing enclosed mall and selected surrounding shops
- New free-standing retail buildings along South College Avenue
- Additional new free-standing buildings internal to the site
- A new entertainment/theater component
- Five new multi-family buildings, 800 units total along Stanford Road
- The existing Youth Activity Center will be deconstructed and replaced on site with a new Foothills Activity Center.
At the hearing, the Planning and Zoning Board will make a decision regarding the project. All Board decisions are appeal-able to the City Council.
HOW TO VIEW THE PLANS
If have questions or would like to submit comments regarding the proposal, please contact the City’s project planner, Courtney Levingston, at firstname.lastname@example.org.