Warning: Read this Before You Turn to the Old Candy Standby’s for Valentines
When it’s Valentines Day a woman is a girl, yes we are. We want to be spoiled and pampered and loved. We want flowers, dinner and candy. But before you turn to the old candy standby’s this Valentines Day let’s look at what that candy is really gonna do.
THERE ARE A TON OF CALORIES HIDING BEHIND YOUR VALENTINE’S DAY CANDY:
- 5 Cinnamon Hearts pack in 130 calories, 34 carbs and 24 sugars (5 of them, I don’t think that I ever have just 5, maybe 20 at a time)
- 10 Conversation Hearts add up to 120 calories, 24 carbs and 24 sugars
- A 2 piece mini chocolate box rings in at 150 calories, 24 carbs and 18 sugars
- 1 Red Velvet Cupcake will kick your bottom with 400 calories, 46 carbs and 36 sugars (this is one of the worst choices)
- And the best bet, 20 M&M’s only (yes, I said only) 68 calories, 10 carbs and 9 sugars
If you have made the decision to trim up before summer, I’d stick to the dinner and flowers. Easy for me to say, I don’t really like sweets, so I’ll be saying no to the Valentine fries!
Disclaimer: Of course, you should always live your life the way that makes you the happiest within healthy limits and if you want a Red Velvet Cupcake, then have it. I do a lot of “if this were my last day” crap in my head, so if the mood strikes, for me I allow myself to have that mac and cheese or french fries covered in brown gravy and in the end as long as you don’t overdo any of your favorites and deny yourself more than you allow yourself, you should be fine, happy AND healthy.