Valentine’s Day Speed Dating Dos and Don’ts
So you signed up for our first Valentine's Day speed dating event. Perhaps you've never speed dated or it's been a while since the last time you did, so you might have a tinge of anxiety over what you should and shouldn't do at the event.
Luckily the Internet has written an entire manual full of Google searches on the dos and don'ts of speed dating!
While there are indeed many results that pop up on this topic through Google, I'll focus on some of the dos and don'ts from Your Tango, where they provide 30 pieces of advice. I'll share some of my favorite dos and don'ts from the site below.
Via Your Tango, don't...
- Get drunk.
- Ask how much they make.
- Fake it. (Be yourself!)
- Talk about politics, religion, marriage/past relationships.
- Check out the bartender. (Lol.)
- Wear grey, black, or beige.
- Over-analyze each 3-minute date you have.
Here's what you should do...
- Listen, engage, and smile.
- Dress classy and sassy - not too much skin, but just enough of your neck or shoulders. (Obviously this is for the ladies. For guys, I'd say you can never go wrong with a dress shirt!)
- Stay open-minded.
- Play up your best personality trait. (And be yourself in general!)
- Pay sincere compliments.
- Mirror their body language. (If they lean in, you lean in.)
- Wear red. (Not just because it's Valentine's Day, but because there's a science to this.)